Chronology of a transplant
- Initial interview with Dr. Ana Trius: dialogue on the objectives and expectations of the patient, to clarify with clarity any doubts about the procedure and postoperative care.
- Elaboration of medical history: assessment of the health status of the patient, pathological history and possible causes of alopecia, attention to the alopectic areas and donor area, regarding their density, elasticity, color and hair gauge.
- Delivery of explanatory documentation with the pre and postoperative care.
- Answering queries about the required preoperative analysis.
- Photographic records to study in detail the surgical planning.
Preoperative interview (week before procedure)
- Contribution of required preoperative examinations.
- Contribution of signed surgical consent.
- Clarification of doubts and review of the surgical planning.
- Contribution of the extent of the procedure.
Day of the procedure
- Initial interview with the patient to confirm the objectives and expectations, and to clarify existing doubts.
- The patient must go to the center at 7:30 a.m. after having breakfast.
- Design of the recipient and donor zones. The hair is only shaved from the area of the donor area that will be resettled; the rest of the hair will be the same length, in this way the posterior suture will be completely hidden.
The length and breadth of the area to be split is determined by the area of the recipient to be treated, by density, hair gauge and the elasticity of the scalp.
Controls or follow-up visits
- The next day you will go to the consultation to carry out the first wash and you will be taught how to do it at home.
- During the next few days in the week following the transplant, the patient can go to the office to do the wash or you can do it at home.
- After approximately 10 days, you will go to the consultation to have the stitches out.
- Follow-up controls: monthly, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months and 18 months after transplantation.
- The day after the hair transplant, the receiving area will already have small scabs that will come off after 7 days.
- During the month following hair surgery, a hair follicle will provide a new hair.
- Around 3 months the growth of new hair will begin to become visible, although not everything comes out at once. During the 18 months following the hair transplant, new hairs will begin merging and growing at a rate of 1 cm per month.
- In case of any doubt or if the patient wishes to have more follow-up checks, you only need to visit our center by calling the telephone number: 93 414 25 55.
- It is recommended that treatment for hair loss be performed early in order to make gradual replacements to the allotransplant process.
- The key to achieving great aesthetic results in each patient is the combination of surgical skills, artistic vision and attention to detail for each specific case.