Chronology of a transplant
- Initial interview with Dr. Ana Trius: dialogue on the objectives and expectations of the patient, to clarify with clarity any doubts about the procedure and postoperative care.
- Elaboration of medical history: assessment of the health status of the patient, pathological history and possible causes of alopecia, attention to the alopectic areas and donor area, regarding their density, elasticity, color and hair gauge.
- Delivery of explanatory documentation with the pre and postoperative care.
- Answering queries about the required preoperative analysis.
- Photographic records to study in detail the surgical planning.
Preoperative interview (week before procedure)
- Contribution of required preoperative examinations.
- Contribution of signed surgical consent.
- Clarification of doubts and review of the surgical planning.
- Contribution of the extent of the procedure.
Day of the procedure
- The patient must arrive at the clinic at 8am. With the hair washed just with water (an astringent lotion will be provided for the 2 nights before surgery) and having had breakfast (DO NOT have coffee)
- Any questions you might have will be resolved and we will take the hair transplant before photos (in case they haven’t been taken already)
- The donor area is trimmed in collaboration with the patient
- Only the donor area is shaved (it is not necessary to shave the reception area)
Controls or follow-up visits
- The day after your surgery you will have your first hair wash in our clinic and we will show you how to wash your hair at home (you can always come to the clinic and we will do it for you)
- After 10 days approximately, you will visit the clinic for a second follow up meeting and a hair wash to finish removing the scabs of the donor area.
- Follow-up meetings: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.
- The day after the hair transplant, the receiving area will already have small scabs that will come off after 7 days.
- During the month following hair surgery, a hair follicle will provide a new hair.
- Around 3 months the growth of new hair will begin to become visible, although not everything comes out at once. During the 18 months following the hair transplant, new hairs will begin merging and growing at a rate of 1 cm per month.
- In case of any doubt or if the patient wishes to have more follow-up checks, you only need to visit our center by calling the telephone number: 93 414 25 55.
- It is recommended that treatment for hair loss be performed early in order to make gradual replacements to the allotransplant process.
- The key to achieving great aesthetic results in each patient is the combination of surgical skills, artistic vision and attention to detail for each specific case.